Saint Catherine of Siena School answers the call to nurture each child – spirit, mind and body – in a safe, caring environment by providing Christ-centered, challenging curriculum preparing each child for a future as people of faith, service, respect, and responsibility.
Our school is one of the seven Catholic schools that proudly partakes in the network of Lumen Christi Academies across the Diocese of Oakland. Our school lives out the mission and embraces the root beliefs shared among all seven Lumen Christi Academies: Queen of All Saints in Concord, St. Anthony in Oakland, St. Catherine of Siena in Martinez, St. Cornelius in Richmond, St. Elizabeth in Oakland, St. Paul in San Pablo, and St. Peter Martyr in Pittsburg.
Lumen Christi Academies Mission
The Lumen Christi Academies (LCA) offer a faith-based environment that reflects the diversity of our communities and ignites students to be the light of Christ in the world. We attract, support and holistically form students, families and teachers. We are building a firm financial foundation to innovate our programs and facilities to ensure equitable access to excellence for all.
LCA Root Beliefs: widely agreed upon and shared truths
- We share in God’s love and live in service of others.
- Mutual trust builds respectful and inclusive communities.
- Collaborative and constructive dialogue inspires holistic development.
- Empowered learners persevere through the lifelong journey.
- Critical thinkers seek the truth with an open mind and an open heart.
LCA Core Values: timeless, enduring, and intrinsically important principles
- Faith: Christ-centered
- Community: Unite through God’s grace
- Service: Answer the call to serve
- Equity: Advocate for opportunity and justice
- Excellence: Strive to attain full potential