The admissions team looks forward to reviewing your application materials. We are confident that your child and family will be a wonderful addition to our school community. Students shall be admitted to St. Catherine of Siena School if they have a reasonable, well founded hope of successfully completing the school’s program, provided there is space available.
In addition to reviewing a complete application, our school conducts an assessment of the child, according to their educational background and special needs. This process ensures that the child is placed in the appropriate grade level, so that we can best meet your child’s educational needs.
Kindergarten readiness and grade-level testing are done with an appointment with the teacher.
We encourage prospective students to participate in a half day or full day Shadow Day to engage what learning looks like at St. Catherine of Siena School. Please make an appointment with the principal.
Acceptance to St. Catherine of Siena School:
Parents and/or guardians will be formally notified by letter indicating whether the applicant is or is not accepted for open class spots. If accepted, the applicant will sign a contract and complete necessary paperwork. By accepting a position at St. Catherine School, the applicant agrees to do the following:
- Abide by the rules of St. Catherine School as stated in the School Handbook.
- Pay tuition promptly by the date(s) indicated on the tuition contract
- Perform 25 hours of Family Service helping with fundraising, events, auction, room parenting, and other opportunities to participate.
- Participate in fundraisers. Each school family is expected to raise $450 in PROFIT per year. Families have the option of a fundraising buy-out of $450 due in August. We offer various ways to participate in fundraising, including: participation of the Fun Run (40% profits), See’s Candy, etc.
Required Health Records upon Acceptance
In order to comply with Federal, State and Diocesan regulations, the following information is due to the school office by no later than 30 days prior to the first day of school. For the protection of all children enrolled, no child will be allowed to start classes without proof of current immunizations, a physical exam and TB screening.
- Kindergarten: Within 24 months preceding the first day of school.
- First Grade: Must have a physical within the preceding 18 months of the first day of First Grade: This applies to all students – new applicants and current students.
- Grades 2-8: Transferring students from schools within the Diocese of Oakland or Contra Costa County are not required to have a physical. Health records will be obtained from the transfer school after acceptance.
Current Immunizations and TB Screening. Up-to-date immunizations, as required by Federal/State law are as follows:
- Polio: A minimum of 3 doses. Four are required if the 3rd dose was given prior to 4th birthday.
- DPT: A minimum of 4 doses. Five are required if the 4th dose was given prior to 4th birthday.
- MMR: Two doses are required for Kindergarten and 7th grade entry. A third dose is required if the 1st dose was given prior to 1st birthday.
- Hepatitis B: Two doses are required for Kindergarten and 7th grade entry. The 3rd dose must be completed according to state regulations.
- Varicella: Students entering Kindergarten must have one dose, unless they have documentation of the disease.
- TDap: Tetanus & Diptheria toxoid is required for 7th grade entry if at least 5 years have lapsed since the last dose. Dose must be on or after 10th birthday.
- Hepatitis A: Recommended for all children in CA, although not mandatory.
- TB: TB screening done no earlier than six months prior to the first day of school. Acceptable screening is the PPD/Mantoux skin test, a physician statement of “negative symptom screening” or a physician’s statement of “no risk factor”.
The PDF forms for application and enrollment can be found here on the Parent Resources page.
All seven Lumen Christi Academies and the Diocese of Oakland admit students of any race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or disability to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students to their schools. All seven Lumen Christi Academies do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or disability in the administration of educational and admissions policies, scholarships and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.