Parent/legal Guardian Volunteer Hour Requirement
Parent/legal guardians are required to participate in school and parish activities and fund-raisers, which reduces costs and provides enrichment experiences for our students.
To carry out our goals, each family is required to complete 20 plus 5 Auction hours of quality volunteer time. We appreciate, and need your cooperative volunteer work and active support of all activities. Hours that have not been completed are assessed at the rate of $30 per hour for each hour that has not been completed by April 29, 2022 (8thGrade families must be completed by April 15, 2022). For single parents, the requirement is 10 plus 5 Auction hours.
Parent volunteers are extremely important to the success of our school and our children. Your presence in the school reinforces to your children the value you place on their education and well-being. St. Catherine School administration, faculty and students appreciate the time and effort you provide to the school.
- Diocesan Obligations: According to Diocesan policy, all volunteers who work at a parish/school site fulfill the requirements of Megan’s Law, or participate in on-line class, (www.virtusonline.org and complete the test). If you are going to volunteer in the classroom, and on field trips, you must also be finger printed by the Diocese (Live Scan). A Volunteer Application must be complete and will be on file. Please ask in the office, if you have any questions about these or other procedures.
- Discipline:If children are not cooperating with volunteers and verbal correction is not effective, the child should be referred to the classroom teacher for discipline.
- Issues Of Concern: If a volunteer becomes concerned about a student, teacher, something overheard, something a student tells you, something witnessed, please speak immediately with the teacher or principal.
- Professionalism:Volunteers are to be professional in their demeanor and dress while representing St. Catherine School. Volunteers are to speak in a professional manner and respect the confidentiality of the students and teachers. DO NOT DISCUSS STUDENT BEHAVIOR OR CLASSROOM/SCHOOL SITUATIONS WITH OTHERS.
- Sign-In And Out: Sign the volunteer log in the office when you arrive and sign out when you leave. Volunteer passes must be worn while volunteering at school and on school sponsored trips.
- Siblings And Others: Non-St. Catherine students may not accompany volunteers into classrooms, or on field trips per Diocesan policy. The primary focus of the volunteer must be on the children being supervised without the distraction of others. This includes any and all siblings.
- Tb Screening: Proof of TB screening must be provided if chaperoning an overnight fieldtrip.
VOLUNTEERS WHO DO NOT ADHERE TO SCHOOL POLICIES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO VOLUNTEER AT SCHOOL OR AT SCHOOL RELATED FUNCTIONS.
Tuition payments are processed through our FACTS Tuition Management System.
- Tuition may be paid in full at registration; paid over a ten-month period; or over a twelve-month period. There is no pro-ration of days.
- Tuition is due and payable on the 1st day of each month. Payments received after the 5th of the month will be considered late and a late fee of $25.00 will be assessed.
- A $30 charge will be made for checks returned from the bank due to insufficient funds or other reasons.
- OTHER FEES - fundraising/scrip profit of $450.00, parent/legal guardian participation, field trips, fines, Scrip, registration fees, and all other payments are to be sent directly to the school office.
- Please note that participating families will receive E-Scrip credit for the calendar year (January to December), not the school year; i.e. E-Scrip credit for a given school year ends in December.
- Fees are billed as needed. Deadline will be noted on the invoice.
- All Volunteer Hour obligations, Scrip & Fundraising obligations MUST be completed by May 4, 2022 to avoid assessment fees. 8th Grade must be completed by April 15th.
- Report Cards will be held if financial obligations are not current.